Wednesday, November 27, 2013

dark nights and knitting pleasures......

well the days are cold and the darkness seems to be
descending upon us in the middle of the afternoon
{actually there's no 'seems to' about it.... 
the darkness does descend in the middle of the afternoon.....}

it's that time of year when I love to sit in front of a good
movie or TV show in the evening and knit...... 
or crochet depending on what is taking my fancy at the time.....
it's too dark in the evening to sew as my little creative corner
has got the most terrible lighting..... 
so I sew in the daytime and I keep my hands busy with wool in the evenings.....

on my needles at the moment is a little baby cardigan......
a request from a friend for her new granddaughter......


love knitting little things for little people......

when the light is streaming into our lovely 'sun-room'
I get to play with Miss B..... oh, those are happy times......


there are also a couple of Christmas crafty fairs happening
in and around these parts that I am involved in over the next
couple of weeks...... so there has been some 'tarting up' of this little
house-y shelf with some fab vintage florals so that some beautiful
treasures can be put on display......


{evening instagram photo.... not a good look.....}

and there has been lots of cutting and sewing in the little
pockets of time that I find in my day.......


if you are fortunate enough to live in {or near} the beautiful
city of wells in somerset then why not come along next thursday 
to the bishop's palace between the hours of 3 & 9pm
 and say hello to me {and my lovely sister......} 
we'll be there with lots of handmade lusciousness.....
and it would be grand to see a friendly face.....


righty oh,
there is some daylight left and I have
another date with Miss B so I'll be off for now......

1 comment:

Annie said...

Oh how I would love to come to your market....30degrees in Ballarat today, light at 9pm...just saying...