Sunday, August 16, 2009

Weekend sewing....

Brian took himself off to Adelaide this weekend for a conference so I have had some time in heaven doing some sewing. Now, a seamstress I am not but a while ago I bought some patterns from the op-shop which I wanted to use to make some summer clothes for Evie. I would SO like to be able to make clothes that don't look like I made them with my eyes closed SO I followed the two patterns on the top of the stack in the photo - one for the trousers and one for the top - very closely, even reading the cutting guide and ALL instructions and managed to complete both this weekend. Evie really enjoyed the trying on process - though I didn't manage to get any photos of her in the clothes themselves and, seeing me at the sewing machine inspired her to make a skirt for Hermione the cat (it's OK, it's a stuffed one not a real one!!)

A close up of the fabric I used for the trousers -


I love this little top and have to admit to using shirring elastic in the neckline instead of making a casing and threading elastic through - I, personally, much prefer the look!

No comments: