a little while ago I talked about a couple of
baby blankets that I was going to make for a friends
new bundle of baby-ness......
but you know what?......
I never managed to get round to making those flannelly
blankets amidst my days of packing......
I did get some luscious, soft flannel in anticipation,
but it never made it to the sewing machine I'm afraid......
and since then I have been overtaken with a desire
to have a go at knitting that little cardigan I talked about
a couple of days ago in my ::inspiration:: blog post .....
you know, the one by Kelly Herdrich......
well, the desire became so overwhelming, and could not be ignored for a
MOMENT LONGER, so I popped into my account on ravelry and before
you could blink an eye I had popped that scrummy little pattern
into my virtual 'shopping basket' and ran out the door....
I popped into spotlight and got some rather lovely yarn
with which to knit the little cardi
{it's a mix of bamboo and wool, which is lovely and soft
and has a beautiful sheen to it......}
then home-again-home-again-jiggety-jig and the
stitches were cast on and a few rows knitted.....
oh, I do love the beggining of a new project.....
I sat outside enjoying the sunshine
and had morning tea with the kids.....
*sigh*
*sigh*
and as I knitted, I was able to enjoy the beautiful
butterfly lavender which edges our garden....
and contemplate the fact that the grass could really
do with a bit of a mow....
alternatively, we could leave it and go for that
'au naturel' look.....
alternatively, we could leave it and go for that
'au naturel' look.....
No comments:
Post a Comment