what a slovenly blog-keeper I have been lately.....
no postings and, to be honest, not a lot of makings either.....
but, I am determined to 'pull my socks up' and 'get my finger out'
{and a whole host of other really quite odd phrases}
and I shall endeavour to be a more frequent visitor to my own
space over the coming weeks.....
first up, I wanted to show you a little project I
was working on last week......
meet my little coin purses.......
the pattern was made up and scribbled onto the backside of a piece of
cast-off printer paper {recycled from the waste paper basket}
and the snap frame was one that has been in my cupboard for
a little while {actually it had been in there quite a big while.....}
the one on the left was my 'first try' and I was quite pleased with how it
turned out so I took it to my lovely sisters house when we visited this week
and we got all excited and made some more......
the one on the right needs finishing off
{I thought I would mention that just incase you were wondering if I was
going to leave it with a pin stuck in it and no snap frame.... }
oh I do love to share a good idea, it makes it so much more fun....
my sister also has the most delicious fabrics in her stash
so I cut out a whole load more while I was there......
she then sent me home with a stack of her fabric and told me to
cut out all the purses I wanted and bring what fabric was left next
time I came to visit......
{does she realise that I might get carried away and there
might not be any fabric left?........}
she's one of the best sharing-est people I know.......
I also started to make brooches out of old woolly blankets
{also a gift from my sister}
and lots of random buttons
{a number of which were, surprisingly, pilfered from my sister.....}
I'm really liking the making of these too.....
what's not to love about buttons and wool and a bit
of random stitching......
* please forgive the dull and dreary photographs.....
they are an indication of the dull and dreary weather
we were having today...... and lots of other days recently *
* please forgive the dull and dreary photographs.....
they are an indication of the dull and dreary weather
we were having today...... and lots of other days recently *
No comments:
Post a Comment