Tuesday, September 10, 2013

back to life, back to reality......

so here we are,
birthdays all celebrated......
holidays all enjoyed......
lazy days all used up.....

and it's back to reality.......
I don't mind it really {well not tooooo much},
but it just takes a little time to get used to having a 
bit of structure again, both for me and for the kids too.......
{not to mention Brian having to put on a shirt 
and tie every day for work again......}

the final birthday of the summer was isaac's
{and this really marks the end of our summer holidays}.......
he told me that he wanted me to decide on the theme of his
cake this year and that he was really looking forward to seeing 
what I came up with...... eeeeeekkkkk, no pressure then.....

I had no idea what to do until about 2 days before and then it
came to me that I could do something pokemon related......
I don't know a thing about pokemon myself but he seems a 
little obsessed by it, so I had a quick google for some
images and found a few pictures of a thing called a pokeball 
and it definitely had the look of something I would be able
 to make out of cake......  result......

I got evie in on the act this year as I thought we could have some
pokemon characters made from icing around the edge of the cake
but didn't want to tackle that job myself...... 
she was very up for giving this a go, so she had the job of moulding
and making four little pokemon characters out of icing.....
{she knows a bit about pokemon so she had some ideas to run with}
and here's what we came up with.....


this was one of the little icing characters evie did,
I think it is called pikachu.....


isaac was really happy with the final result and said
I had made a good choice for the cake....... high praise indeed.......

I also spent a little time at the weekend making up a few vintage storybook notebooks.....
I love using old story books that are falling apart and are probably 
going to be trashed and giving them a new lease of life.....
these two notebooks are covered with pages from a 1962 edition of 
chicken little and have pictures of foxy loxy on the back cover....
{complete with salt and pepper shakers around his neck!!}


now they are just waiting for some very important
notes to be written into them so they can feel useful again.....

No comments: