Monday, September 2, 2013

week eight...... the end.....

hello lovely friends.....
I hope your week has been one filled with crafty happenings,
perhaps a smidge {or perhaps oodles} of fun 
and many other bits and bobs in-between.....

my last full week of holiday was rather a quiet at-home affair,
which didn't bother me in the slightest....
it was fab to have lazy mornings {and afternoons and evenings......}
and to fit in a little pottering along the way......

I did go out for the day with my lovely sister.....
we met in a little town called honiton where we 
hit the op shops with great vigour and vim.....
and I did manage to come away with a couple of treasures......



I just couldn't resist this flask......
beautiful colours and in lovely condition.....
it had to come home with me......
and will, no doubt, accompany me on a few picnics
and days out in the near future.....


I also picked up a few records for Isaac and Evie
to play on our 'new-to-us' vintage record player.....
it was so much fun watching Isaac see a record player
really work for the first time ever....
and he didn't believe me when I told him that he could 
stack a few singles at the top of the centre pin and they would
 release and play, one by one, as if by magic......
oh the wonder of the vintage.....

great fun, and all for a few pounds.....

my knitting needles were click-clacking this week as I was determined 
to finish my cardigan ready for september and the shift into autumn.....
having already had an 'almost life' as two sleeveless jumpers {vests} and the
beginnings of a different cardigan, I was beginning to think this wool
would never make it into something wearable but, ta-dah, I did
actually manage to finish my 'practically' cardigan.....


happy, happy, happy with the results.....

and I did a bit of secret sewing for a friend
which is waaaaaaay overdue....
{like 18 months overdue.....}





just a little taster..... don't want to give the surprise away......

so, it's been a busy but home-y kind of week......
and one that demanded I sit down 
to share a big bowl of caramel popcorn with
the littlest one while we watched the waltons on telly.....



No comments: