Thursday, April 10, 2008

the Jesse tree.....

this was a joint project with my sister {she did most of the work really!!}
which was started after reading lots of posts on various blogs about 
something called the 'Jesse Tree'.....

I had no idea what this was so started to trawl the web to find out about it......
 I discovered lots of interesting information and some great ideas but the one 
that topped my list was the book 'The Jesse Tree' by Geraldine McCaughrean......

I bought it and decided that it would be a great idea to have a wall hanging 
{to compliment the one my sister had made a few years previously as an advent calendar for my kids}
with the shape of a tree on it onto which we would hang symbols during each day of advent
 to represent a different story in the journey to Jesus' birth.....

my sister made the hanging and I made a number of the symbols {mostly from Fimo}.....
we also bought a few of the symbols too if we found one that was suitable 
{e.g. we found a lovely little button in the shape of Noah's ark and a 
sun and moon made out of plyboard which was already painted.....}

I sewed lots of leaf shaped buttons onto the hanging along the branches 
and these became the points from which to hang the symbols.....

each symbol was then mounted onto painted pelmet vyleen before a loop was attached......



No comments: