Friday, April 11, 2008

my latest creative endeavour.....

thought I would just add a little bit about my 
latest creative endeavour......
I wanted to make a gift for a friend who has 
just had a beautiful baby boy, so during a recent trip 
to visit my sister I took the opportunity to make 
a book for my friend and her baby......

here are a few photos of the finished article.....



I made the pages up as pockets, then stamped and 
embellished each pocket page differently......
I used a different type of card for each pocket page, 
different fabric for each tag and different stitches around each page...... 
I made little index cards to fit inside each pocket so there was 
more space for photos/writing {I made 10 pocket pages all together}.....



I placed the pages inside the cover and sewed through the whole lot, 
putting a little brass washer in between each page as a spacer......




the final stage was to make a bag out of linen for the 
book to be stored in and attach a tag to the front......

1 comment:

Mandi said...

Debbie, I love this little book, its beautiful. A real treasure to own. Mandi