Wednesday, July 22, 2009

birthday girl.....

finally, it's here...... 

we've talked about it, jumped in excitement about it, 
been woken up at ungodly hours of the morning to be reminded about it... 
but now it is genuinely, 100%, unmistakeably here.....

my baby is 8 today.... 
can't believe it..... 
time is such a funny thing....

I finished making the treasure bags for evie's friends who are 
coming over for afternoon tea after school......
I stamped each name onto a bag and they will be used to collect the 
treasure in during a treasure hunt later on......

these bags are so easy, peasy to make..... 
infact I took a few photos of the process as I was going along 
so if you want to know a quick way to make a lined drawstring bag 
just let me know, I'm a practiced hand at it now.....



and this is the cake I iced this afternoon just before picking the kids up from school.....
evie wanted a treasure chest..... 
I think it will pass the test 
{making themed birthday cakes is NOT a forte of mine but I am happy to have 
a go at whatever they ask for and usually my very forgiving children are pleased with the result}.....



now, I just have to survive afternoon tea with 8 children.......

No comments: