Monday, July 20, 2009

it's been a bit quiet on here lately hasn't it.....

but it hasn't been quiet over here, .... 
no, it's actually been a bit bonkers.....
we've had one big birthday 
{mine.... and it was one of those BIG ones}.....
next it's evie's and then brian's at the weekend..... 
phew.....

I want to write more about my birthday sometime, 
especially the absolutely stunning gifts I received, 
and share some photos of those gifts, 
but first I wanted to share with you a photo of 'Tabitha' cat 
which I have just finished knitting for evie's special day.....

she fell in love with tabitha when we saw her on Debi Birkin's website, 
so I thought it would be a lovely idea to knit one for her as a surprise birthday present.....

you see, evie is one of those girls who lists what she wants, 
then checks in with you to make sure that you know what it is she wants, 
and then, just to make sure she has covered all her bases, 
you are given the list of what she wants....
she leaves nothing to chance my girl.....

anyway, this year we have purchased one of the gifts from her list 
but I have been busily making a couple of surprises for her too 
which I have thoroughly enjoyed......
I shared one of them here and this is the other one that I have been beavering away on......

she may not remain 'Tabitha' as that is just the pattern name and 
evie does like to name her soft toys herself, but I hope she likes her.....

No comments: