thanks for the help/advice/suggestions about the SMORES dilemma I've been having.....
I will persevere and overcome the obstacles in my way and we will again experience
SMORES in our home.......
{I feel a bit Winston Churchill-ish saying that}....
but onto other things.....
things that are making me SMILE at the moment......
things like my growing assortment of Emma Bridgewater crocks......
these make me smile when I use them for breakfast, lunch and afternoon tea......
{no dinner plate..... yet}
I love, love, LOVE the melamine cups too.....
ah bliss....
I am the only one who is allowed to use these.....
NO ONE else is allowed to even TOUCH them lest they break something......
does the inclusion of so many BOLD AND CAPITALIZED words give you the impression of how passionate I am about this being MY set of crocks?......
I'm not possessive of many things BUT my stash of chocolate from the UK and my Emma Bridgewater crocks are two things which are MINE ALONE......
{and maybe one or two pieces of carefully selected fabric......}
OK, now that I've expressed myself in quite a forthright manner regarding those things,
I will move onto other things.....
op-shopping....
didn't take me long to just have a little nip round the op-shops after arriving home
and look at this little beauty I picked up......
a melamine bunnykins cup...... precious........
I have china versions of this which my kids use when they get to have a drink of hot chocolate
and I have a plate and some bowls to go along with the cups, but I have never had a melamine cup....
well now I have....... yay......
lastly, let me tell you about one of my Christmas gifts.....
for many years {since Isaac was born infact} I have worn the same necklace most days.....
it is a plain ball chain with two charms on it, one representing my boy
{the blue body is representative of a sapphire, which is his birthstone}
and my girl {the red body represents a ruby, which is her birthstone}.....
I have loved this necklace,
and lost this necklace on more than one occasion,
but have always managed to replace the little charms......
it gets lots of comments and it is very sweet......
and I get to keep my treasures close to my heart........
however, this Christmas, Brian bought me a new necklace ......
all by his own self
{I did mention to him that I loved the look of the necklaces
designed by Lisa Leonard and I left it at that.....}
well, low and behold on Christmas morning he presents me with a box and inside
was a beautiful Lisa Leonard necklace.......
he chose the design, he chose the words......
he did a mighty fine job.....
1 comment:
Oh Deb, did you cry when he gave you that, I would have..! What a thoughtful gift, love it.
Lizzie
xxx
Post a Comment