I've been working on a little surprise for Evie's birthday - it is a name plaque for her door (or wall). I bought precut MDF shapes and letters from Spotlight and used paint and scrapbooking paper to put the initial colours on them. I then embellished them with a myriad of stuff that I found in my craft room - buttons, ribbon, stamps, glitter, pins, postage stamps, beach glass from Falmouth (happy days), paper clips, pottery that she made at pottery class and other bits of specialness that I had stashed away in my haven. All the words (both stamped and those which were already on pre printed embellishments) I chose because they are words which I feel describe my lovely daughter. It is not quite finished..... I have another shape to add and a few more embellishments to put on the final 'E' but I thought I would share the progress thus far.
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
A little something for my girl......
I've been working on a little surprise for Evie's birthday - it is a name plaque for her door (or wall). I bought precut MDF shapes and letters from Spotlight and used paint and scrapbooking paper to put the initial colours on them. I then embellished them with a myriad of stuff that I found in my craft room - buttons, ribbon, stamps, glitter, pins, postage stamps, beach glass from Falmouth (happy days), paper clips, pottery that she made at pottery class and other bits of specialness that I had stashed away in my haven. All the words (both stamped and those which were already on pre printed embellishments) I chose because they are words which I feel describe my lovely daughter. It is not quite finished..... I have another shape to add and a few more embellishments to put on the final 'E' but I thought I would share the progress thus far.
Click to see more posts about:
mixed media
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment