Sunday, December 6, 2009

2010..... already?

Can't believe it is so close to the New Year - I haven't even thought that much about Christmas yet never mind a new year!!

I had decided though that next year I was going to have a diary instead of a calendar.... or probably as well as a calendar.... but I definitely need something to take out and about with me as I am constantly saying, "I don't know if I have anything on that day, I'll have to check the calendar when I get home" (and then promptly forgetting to do so) or even worse, double booking myself, which I do on a regular basis.

Well I found the style of diary I wanted - an A6 size but with a day per page and spiral bound so it lays flat when I open it with enough room in the spiral for a pen or pencil to be stored - and it was really cheap too.... only thing was it had a PINK VINYL COVER - probably the reason for its cheapness!!


'Can't have that' I thought, so spent an hour this afternoon quickly whipping up a book cover for it from the original Kaffe Fassett fat quarter I bought at the beginning of this year and which I have used and used and used (seems like the oil that never ran out if you ask me!) and some of the sheeting fabric I bought at the same time and which I have used on a number of other projects too.


I also added a pretty ribbon to use as a page marker (this is actually attached to the spiral binding, not the book cover itself)



I'm much happier now about carrying this around and so grateful to my sister for originally showing me how to make a book cover ('it's all in the fold' - that, my friends, is the secret!) I haven't done any embellishing of the cover - haven't even added a button or closure - but I'm happy enough with it for the time being...

Hope you have a happy day.....

No comments: