I'm not a BIG fan of mince pies and I couldn't be bothered making pastry if I am honest but I do love, love, love crumbly mincemeat slice.....
This is a recipe that I got from my sister (don't know where she got it from!) and I made it today (and ate lots today) and thought of her.....
OK, here's how you make this lush addition to a nice cup of coffee....
Put 5oz of room temp butter and 3oz of castor sugar in a bowl and cream together.
Sift in 5oz of plain flour and 3oz of cornflour and bring the dough to a ball.
Press this dough into a baking tin and chill for 20 mins.
Pre-heat oven to gas mark 6 and bake dough for approx. 15 mins.
Spoon 1lb of mincemeat on top then set aside while you make the crumbly topping.
Whizz 3.5oz of plain flour, 3oz of butter and 2oz of demarera sugar together in a food processor until they look like breadcrumbs.
Sprinkle a tablespoon of water over the mixture and fork it until it makes uneven lumps.
Scatter this over the mincemeat topped base and bake for a further 20 mins.
Leave to cool for a little while and then slice it up and sit down with a nice hot cup of something and tuck in......
No comments:
Post a Comment