Tuesday, January 31, 2012

wonderful welshcakes........

a couple of weeks ago my lovely sister came to visit and
we had a little pootle down to 'the town'......

of course, this pootling had to involve a little bit of
afternoon tea with a nibble of something tasty......

and lo, we discovered welshcakes.....

it was an instant attraction, especially for isaac....
he spend the next couple of days begging me to
find a recipe and make some at home......

actually HE ended up finding a recipe -
because I procrastinate too much for his liking......

and so we made our first batch of these yummy, 
scone-like treats......


sprinkled some sugar on them whilst still warm......


and guzzled them up.....

if you're interested, the recipe can be found

2 comments:

Liz said...

gosh, I used to make these all the time when the kids were little, they loved them (of course I totally disliked them....not!!!) very moreish they are ...is that even a word I wonder...! Hope you're settled now that all your belongings are back on the same side of the equator with you Deb, love the daffs too.....spring on the way for you...
Lizzie
xxx

magie said...

Those look far too good! I will have to try out the recipe, thanks for sharing :)