hello there......
nice to be here in this place again.....
not that I have anything to show you that has been
created by my hand in recent days......
actually, I have a bit of a sad story to tell you
about that.....
I've got a dodgy shoulder & it is preventing me doing
the things I enjoy {it's also preventing me doing a lot
of things I don't enjoy too, so it's not ALL bad.....}
things of an enjoyable nature I cannot do:
knit, crochet, eat with my right hand, sleep very well, sew,
hug with two arms, hold my camera, have my children snuggle up with
me - one on each side - for a story, gardening......
things of not such an enjoyable nature that I cannot do:
vacuum the floors {get the kids to do that}, cook dinner
from scratch {get the kids to do that}, the dusting
{actually I never do that anyway}, the ironing {get the
man of the house to do that}, empty the dishwasher & put
stuff away {kids do that anyway}......
it's not a long term thing, just a {very painful} touch of
calcific tendonitus, & hopefully before too long I will
be doing all the things I love again & continuing to make
the children & Brian do the things I don't love......
it made me smile though when the nurse practitioner who
looked after me the other day when I went to the hospital
said that it tends to happen to people 'of my age'.....
what's that about?
it comes as such a shock when you realise that your
body may actually need 'maintenance'......
seriously, when did that happen?
ho hum...... I've now got a little list of exercises from the
physiotherapist to keep my shoulder supple & I
get to visit her a few more times over the next few weeks
for a little chat & a bit of ultrasound treatment......
I'm hoping that some gentle craftiness will be able to take
place soon though......
we've got a three week holiday starting tomorrow......
it would be such a shame to not spend vast amounts of it
sitting on my derriere {in the sunshine I hope} doing something
of a crafty nature......
{in lieu of crafty photos today, I'm going to treat you
to a couple of my flower photos......
tulip from the garden presented to me by miss evie.....
little daffs from tesco presented to me by me.......}
2 comments:
Hope you're back to your usual crafty self soon lovely lady, love those daffs. The weather is awesome autumn here right now so enjoying the sunshine and balmy days....
take care
Lizzie
xxx
Hello,
I visited your blog today - I saw you on 'Teacups and Bunting.' Your blog is so pretty. I love all your spring decorations. Me and my daughters started a blog, and we would love it if you could visit us and follow. I would enjoy coming back to visit with you. Your blog is filled with simplicity, and it is very cheerful to me. I hope to hear from you, and have a sweet day.
~Sheri at Red Rose Alley
Post a Comment