Wednesday, January 2, 2013

hello, hello, hello........

a new year has arrived........
yippee......
I love new year.....
all shiney and ready to be delved
into with creative gusto.....
having said that, I have yet to craft something in this new 
year and so I thought I would share with you
one last 'make' from the Christmas gift making frenzy
of last year.......

completely inspired by my daughter's sock monkey
make of 12 months ago {and also by a lovely lady called
Ruthie who had a stall next to me at the recent crafty fayre
and who made the most adoreable sock monkies},
I decided to have a go at making one {or two} as 
gifts for some little ones in my family.......



oh, they were fun to make and completely
adoreable and yummy......

a couple of 'notes-to-self'.....

* socks 'move & jiggle' quite a lot when you sew them on the 
sewing machine which can {and did in my case} 
result in stripes not matching up at the seams
{evie told me off for using the machine to make them
 as she had done hers completely by hand last year!}
it didn't bother me {or the recipients} at all but
it is something worth remembering incase I have
any other sock adventures in the future.....
* be generous with your stuffing......


No comments: