Today, as it's been a miserable rainy indoor day (hence the very dull photos!), I managed to sew the sides of the playhouse onto the roof. I decided to use the pillow case as the door (I added a little extra offcut of the blue gingham fabric at the bottom to lengthen it slightly as it was just an inch or two too short on its own) and put ties at the top of the 'door frame' so that the door can be tied up or let down depending on the preference of the children playing. I would quite like to put a couple of windows in but my two kids want to keep it window-less...... I am left undecided what to do!
Next I want to add some embellishments to the outside of the house.... probably should have done that before I attached the sides to the top as there is a lot of fabric to work with now but I'm not planning on anything too fancy so I will probably be OK.
So far I am quite pleased with the result.... it can be thrown over the table for play and then whipped off for dinner time (or you could leave it on as a fancy table cloth..... nah, Evie is far too messy an eater to chance it!)
2 comments:
It's absolutely delightful, am sure there will be some very upsited children around ready to make very good use of it. Think I'd gofor no windows but further embellishment!
I made one of these for my son's first birthday. It has got a lot of use over the years. Yours looks sweet - great idea to use a duvet cover.
Post a Comment