Friday, June 5, 2009

The Story so far.....

Firstly, I chopped one of the duvet covers in half across the duvet from side to side (the duvet had a border top and bottom of white cotton with little flowers embroidered onto it)


I then opened the top and bottom seams fully (the bottom one was nearly fully open anyway because that's how you get the duvet in!!)


I ended up with two large 'rings' of fabric (I left the side seams intact). I then cut up the middle of the backing fabric (which in the case of my duvet cover is the plain white side) and opened out the piece of fabric. These two pieces will then be sewn around a rectagular 'roof' piece and will make the sides, back and front of the play house.



From the other duvet I cut the rectangular roof piece, making it 1cm larger than my dining room table on all four sides (the dining table is going to be the 'frame' for the house..... simple!)

No comments: