in the belief that summer is going to arrive!! I found this skirt on the 50c rail at an op shop at the beginning of the Autumn and thought that Evie would like the fabric (I was also pretty sure that it would be relatively easy to change it from its original adult size 12 (in the picture above) to a child age 8 size (see the pictures below!)) I was indeed right about Evie loving the fabric and about it being easy to alter the size, but the skirt has sat in my sewing box for 5 months waiting for the necessary adjustments to be made.
Well today I had a little bit of time at home before I picked the kids up from school and so decided it was finally time to pull it out and get to work on making it a bit smaller (think of it as my way of encouraging the summer to hurry up!!) I didn't want to keep the side zipper (kids and zippers, buttons, loops or fasteners are to be avoided if at all possible I say) so I cut the zipper out with the excess fabric and instead made an elastic waistband.... easy, peasy, lemon squeezy!
Now it's good for posing......
Swinging....
and twirling....
roll on summer....
1 comment:
you must be so busy every time I check out your website you have made something else I think you should be nominated for super mum ttfn Nicole UK
Post a Comment