I found a tutorial at Sew Mama Sew for a
pin cushion/scrap bucket/little bits and bobs holder thingy.....
I've been wanting to make it for months now but other things
would come pressing in and I would forget about it......
well, whilst sewing Evie's dress I thought about it again
{as I dropped all my threads and clippings onto the
floor around my sewing table.....}
so today when I got up I set to and gathered what
I needed and began in ernest to make it......
I only used things I already had - no new fabric was allowed
{I am trying to use up bits and bobs -
then I can go out and buy new stuff you see.....}
it took a few hours to complete as I had to fit in:
making the childrens' breakfast,
having morning coffee with my love,
and making bacon butties {sandwiches} for lunch
{it is Saturday after all.....}
but just after lunch I finished it and voila, here it is......
the bucket can come off and you can use it on its own......
I didn't know which fabric I liked best on the outside
so I stitched a button on both sides of the bucket and I can
turn it inside out and use it either way depending on how I feel.....
the pin cushion is weighted with rice so that it sits beautifully
on the edge of the sewing table without falling off,
even with my snips etc in the pocket AND it has a piece
of wool felt in the centre to hook my needles into......
so many boxes ticked in one fail swoop.....
you can also put it on the arm of the sofa so that you don't need
to stick needles into the arm of your furniture, forget them and
let somebody else find them when they are least expecting it...... ahem.....
here is the bucket turned inside-out....
doesn't it look just as good that way round?
oh yes, I'm lovin' it......
4 comments:
I love it, love it, love it!
Are you taking commissions Debbie.......if so i'll have one in turquiose!! Cheeky ehhh!! Name your price/exchange!!
Fab! I'm sure I need one of those, I'll add it to my sewing list. I love the reversible bucket idea, you always were one to 'make it your own' and 'go the extra mile', giving your creations the sparkle of your individuality!
Is there a pattern for this? Love it!! Want to make it today! ��
Post a Comment