She has done a little more work on her and this is how she looks now.......
She hand stitched the face and hair ......
She made a skirt and blouse...... the blouse requires no stitching at all and the skirt just a top and bottom hem. This was done by hand in the book (in fact every sewing project in the book can be done by hand which is one of the things I love about it) but Evie wanted to use the sewing machine so I pressed the peddle and she did everything else like lining the fabric up, guiding it through, backstitching at the end of the row etc. She is a little pro. now on the machine..... we'll be fighting over it soon!!
The skirt is even reversible (another little addition which is not given in the book) and she purchased a fat 1/16th of the cherry fabric with her pocket money especially to use for this project.
In the book the doll is wearing the skirt with the opening at the back but Evie liked the idea of the bow and split being at the front so that is how she did it!! (and there will be no convincing otherwise!!)
Hope you had a good weekend......
2 comments:
What a happy little doll she is!! Evie you are such a clever talanted girl. Love the reversible skirt!
I really like your doll Evie! Such careful stitching details. Her selection of clothes are lovely, be sure to show us if you make any more. I'll show Bethany and Francesca the blog post in the morning, I'm sure they'd love to see her. Does she have a name?
Post a Comment