Saturday, November 28, 2009

Saturday inspiration.....

I don't know about you but I am a 'see-what-I've-got-and make-do-with-that' kind of girl...... this may also be a sympton of my need for instant gratification - I am no good at the delayed kind!

I wanted a place to display some of the pretty (business) cards I have picked up over the last few months and decided that I was sure I could use some of the stuff I had to hand.

So, scouting around I found a deep stretch canvas (which I actually brought with me from the UK knowing that I would be able to use it for something one day); I had copious lengths of organza ribbon and I had pots of brads which were sitting in my craft box.... put them together and what have you got? Yup, a small display board!



I dug out the little cards which I have gathered up to this point and just popped them on there..... look how pretty they are!






I'm glad I chose organza ribbon because, although I know it is not very robust, I can still see the design on each card through it which means I don't miss any of its loveliness.

I'll admit that I didn't bother with any measuring or pre-planning (another sign of my instant gratification nature) but I think it's pretty neat-o and have hung it above my sewing table so I can look at the little pictures of goodness whenever I am there.

Hope you have a Saturday filled with inspiration too....

1 comment:

dot said...

What a great idea, have lots of those little cards myself....may need to search out a canvas.