Wednesday, November 4, 2009

This crochet lark.....

it's got me hooked (excuse the pun!!)

It's the childrens' school performance this week and Evie is to dress as a girl from Mexico. We were given quite detailed costume lists from the art department for what they had to wear so out came the pattern for the peasant top I made for Evie a few months back and with a couple of tweaks (I made it longer and put elastic in the sleeves) and using plain white poplin, she had her top all ready. Skirts, sashes and shawls were being provided by the school so that was her all set.... or so I thought.

She informed me a couple of days ago that they had been told to wear a flower in their hair AND it had to be red!

OK I thought, I can do this..... I know, I'll crochet a flower!

Now came my fun little game of 'hunt-the-pattern' on the internet and I came up with this one that I thought would fit the bill. I had shown Evie a couple of flat crocheted flowers but she had been adament that she wanted a rose-shaped-type-one.....


I finished it after she was asleep last night so left it with a little note on her bedside table for her to find this morning.

I could hear the cries of 'Oh mummy, it's perfect' before she even came into my room to climb in bed for a snuggle this morning....


oh the joys of the little things......

No comments: