Sunday, August 1, 2010

I'm British, so let's talk about the weather......

OH MY what HAS the weather been doing this weekend in Ballarat?

It has rained and rained and rained...... actually it has lashed with rain almost constantly...... stormy no less.....

So, as is my want when the weather is disastrous, I pulled out some comforting crochet.

Now a few weeks ago I wrote this post about a cardigan that I was going to crochet with some sale yarn I had bought. I really enjoyed working out that pattern and actually managed to get it right! GASP.....

However, somehow, somewhere my gauge (or my yarn, or my hook size or something) was so off beam that even though I was crocheting the smallest size the cardi was working up HUGE.... ENORMOUSLY HUGE actually .......and I'm not a little lady!

So I ripped it out..... and no. 2 crochet cardi bit the dust!

*SIGH*

What to do? I asked myself....

Then I came across this pattern which led me to this pattern and voila, I have another project for my yarn and hook.....


Oh, I do hope it is a case of third time lucky for this yarn..... otherwise winter might be over before I actually get a wearable item out of it - though, if this weekend is anything to go by, winter isn't going anywhere fast..... (at least the cold weather is giving me a good excuse to utilise my lovely granny stripe blanket.....)

Hope you've had a happy weekend.....

2 comments:

Liz said...

I had a laugh Deb, a Brit whinging about our weather!! We seem to have gone back to the Ballarat winters of pre-drought days. Still not quite as cold as an English winter yet though!!
Lizzie
xxx

Unknown said...

Hope the weather gets better soon! :)

I like the pattern for your next crochet cardigan, hopefully it will turn out better than the last! :) x