Sunday, March 13, 2011

a bit of my ramblings.......

I was having a little browse through some of my fave blogs the other day 
and suddenly stopped, mouth open, when I came across a post written by Lucy at Attic 24..... 
there it was..... 
a blanket fest......

well, blow me down...... 
there was a photo of a hexie blanket and it was pretty much the same 
as the one I am doing at the moment......

she made and blogged about hers back in December 2008, 
before I began following her hookie goings on, so my 'made-up-as-I-went-along' 
pattern isn't exactly the same as hers, 
but it pretty much looks the same..... 
 and I love the look of her blanket, so I hope mine looks as good as that when I finish it...... 
{especially now all the baby poo has gone......}

sooooo, if you like the hexie look and would like a nice little tutorial on how to hook-a-hexie 
then go to her hexie how-to and you too could have a scrumptious blanket to 
warm your knees this winter..... 
seriously yummy.......

in other news, Spotlight sent me a $10 voucher last week 
{not just me you understand, half the population of Australia received one by the sounds of it.....}
 no minimum spend, no strings attached, just $10 to spend in their store...... 
fact is, they know you are going to spend more than $10 once you get in there
but still I've never been one to kick a gift horse in the mouth...... 
especially a crafty gift horse......

so I had a quick trip in to see if anything caught my eye and 
low and behold I came out with a little stack of wool!!

6 100g balls of brightly coloured pure wool........

now that's a surprise...... 
more hookie plans need to be hatched......

1 comment:

Keren said...

Ooo ooo I got a spotlight voucher too...very cunning of them isn't it. I love your blanket so far and I'm with you on removing the pooh-colour. Have a great day