I've really wanted something to put our paper napkins in at the table for a while now......
we do have cotton napkins but I don't have enough of them to keep up with evie's
less-than-pristine eating habits
and so we resort to paper ones most of the time.......
we popped into a little gift shop at the weekend and I saw these fabric,
tie corner basket thingies and said to Brian, 'that would do fine for the napkins on the table'......
he took one look at it and said, 'You could make one of those.....
why spend money on it if you could make it'......
I retorted with the line, 'but it's only $3'....... and then I put it down.....
of course I could make one......
and it would give me more satisfaction to make one in colours of my choosing
rather than buying the only colourway they had in the shop {a bright pink stripey affair}.......
and so, on arriving home, an hour was spent choosing some fabric
{an old sheet and a blue gingham nightie}, finding some stiff board,
carefully cutting up precisely measured shapes {cough, cough}
and stitiching some straight lines......
easy peasy......
the kids were very excited to place it on to the table for tea time.......
Brian was very complimentary in his 'I told you so' manner.......
and at least the paper napkins look a little more 'fancy' than they did a few days ago......
1 comment:
Well done! I made one of these once... fiddled and futzed with making up the pattern and then after I was done and gave it away as a gift, I found a pattern for it in a magazine.. LOL!
lv,
Joy
Post a Comment