Friday, April 29, 2011

I do love a good wedding.....

I have to say that while I was browsing through one of my favourite blogs last night I was struck with the desire to do something to mark the royal wedding which will be happening today.....

I'm not usually one to do anythig over-the-top special but I can still remember sitting and watching the wedding of Prince Charles to Lady Diana Spencer and I even took a drive with my mum down the mall to Buckingham Palace the night before Andrew and Fergie got married..... man, that was bonker lonkers...... so many people..... all so excited......

ah yes, happy memories from childhood.....

fast forward 25 years and I am watching MY little girl get quite excited about a royal wedding...... what's not to love about a good wedding....... and so together we have executed a couple of little celebratory decorations.....

in traditional 'using-only-what-I've-got' style I sat down at the sewing machine this morning with what was left of the blue gingham nightshirt I used for evie's apron and cut out some triangles, found some red ribbon and some red and white bakers twine, sought out some white tape to sew the triangles to and set about making some celebratory bunting with which to decorate the outside of the house......

evie made her own head band......

complete with the happy couples' names and a union jack love heart.....

and, she decided that today was definitely the day to dress in red, white and blue.....

we're going to spend the evening with some other British friends watching the grand event unfold.....

and we're taking some special cakes to share.....

made lovingly by evie.......

3 comments:

Liz said...

It was a truly lovely wedding, the bride was beautiful, the handsome soldiers were handsome and the pomp was as only the Brits can do. Very satisfying.....except for the strange thing on Victoria Beckhams head,very strange outfit.....
Yummy cup cakes too Evie...
Lizzie
xxx

Jacquie said...

Hi Deborah , love your bunting .
Thankyou for your comment :0)
That colouful wooden crochet hook looks great , I've never seen one before.
Jacquie x

Cat said...

How fun:) Your bunting looks lovely and I love the cupcakes. xo