Tuesday, August 16, 2011

a little smidgen of pride...... show and tell.....

my lovely sister Dot 
{or auntie dottie as she is more often referred to in our house}
makes up one quarter of a group of textile artists called
Kindred Spirits.....

they just exhibited their latest 
collection of work at the 
Royal Horticultural Society 
Rosemoor Gardens in Devon......

knowing that my sisters' work
was going to be displayed on walls
so that lots of people could
'ooooohhhhh' and 'aaaahhhh'
over it was enough
to have me hopping from foot-to-foot
with excitement for her
{and bemoaning the fact that I
wouldn't be able to see her work
'in all its glory'......}

fortunately, one of the other members
of the group took a little video of
their exhibition, so I have been able to
watch it and pretend I was there
'ooooohhhhh-ing' and 'aaaahhhh-ing'
with the best of them.....

{and then, of course, I would have had a little
pootle around the beautiful gardens,
admiring the lovely summer flowers and
would then have stopped to have a cup of coffee
and a slice of yummy cake just to keep me going.....}




well done my lovely sister......
you are fab......

and so is your textile work......

{and next time, I will be there to see your exhibit
in person......yippee}

No comments: