Tuesday, August 30, 2011

oh me, oh my.......

my little creative space has been taking
a bit of a back seat lately.....

I've been as busy as a bee trying to arrange all the 
bits and bobs that go along with a BIG MOVE.....

after three fab years living 'down south' we have decided to
return to our native shores {and our family} 'up north'......

we now only have 3 months left before we leave these
lovely shores, so I am trying to be a bit organized.......
{emphasis on the word 'trying'.....ha!}

it does mean however, that I am not spending as much time
doing crafty stuff, which is always a tad sad,
but still, if I don't do the organizing now
then all my crafty stuff will remain 'down south' when I go 
'up north' and that would never do......
{I do not need to fret about the time it will take for 
my crafty loveliness to reach its destination as I will have 
my sisters crafty space to play in in the meantime......
and she's awfully good at sharing.......}

that said though, I have been playing a little bit and,
having seen a similar idea in a magazine and popping
it into my 'to-have-a-go-at-making-sometime' brain space,
I've been fiddling with making a little flowery 'picture'.....

this one started out as a screen print which
I did when Dottie was here more than
two years ago now.......

I decided to stitch snippets of fabric over the original screen
print image because I was pretty sure I wasn't going to use
it as it was and I thought it would give me a good
framework for my first go at making a flowery 
picture in this way......

it's a work in progress and I still have the flower
stems to stitch and leaves to 'embelish'.....



I'm enjoying just adding a few stitches or buttons every day
or two and I am sure that I'll know when it is
'finished' and I've done enough.......

it's actually printed/stitched onto the back of an old
linen shirt that I picked up at an op shop and cut
into pieces...... I may end up stitching it onto a canvas
frame to hang on a wall..... who knows.....

I've also done a few more rows of my apple cover......
and I even got to check the fit with a friends little apple a few
days ago...... it would seem we are on the right track.......


I think I will line this bag with a nice jolly cotton fabric when it is
finished just to give it a little extra 'umph' when carrying my
apple around in it......

it's nice to have a couple of little projects 'on the go'.......
but I am going to have to think up a couple more in the next few 
weeks as we are planning a 'final hurrah' for the spring holidays and 
let me just tell you, it will involve about 5,000kms of driving time.....
that's a lot of crafting time for me.......
small, portable, hand made projects...... 
all suggestions/links gratefully received......

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh dear.. It is a sad day for those of us here who will miss you and your lovel personality when you move. Mind you, the Internet make staying in touch so much easier, so I am glad of that! Such a big decision i am sure wasn't made lightly!

Liz said...

I'm sorry you're leaving us Deb but I fully understand the strong pull from your homeland and family. I'm guessing your blog will remain? Easy to stay in touch these days isn't it?
Lizzie
xxx

B-W said...

Missing your creative sharing online but very much looking forward to seeing more of you in person, hoping you'll continue blogging though!

Kx

Joy McD said...

Oh wow, just catching up on you blog here... well, all I can say is that maybe we will get to visit you in the UK! xxx

Rajeswari said...

Lovely blog. I m o happy to have found you thru Heather from my little red suitcase!