A blooming, big, bag......
This pattern is from..... yes, you guessed it, Weekend Sewing (the book was due back at the library today so I needed to get this done while I still had it in my possession)......
you see, I am a little anal about following instructions..... especially on my first go at something......
it's the same with recipes.... I don't like to ad-lib... you know, 'just in case'...
And so last night, while my lovely man read some stuff about philosophy and science (entitled: The Ontological Status of Theoretical Entities - don't ask, I didn't!!) I stitchety-stitched my pieces together.
I used some of the fabric from the bolt I bought at the local op-shop for the outside... nice, durable demin stuff..... and peeking out from the inside you can see a bit of the Spotlight poplin purchased with pj pants in mind but now making appearances in bags of various descriptions!
It's big and roomy and I like the way the lining fabric can be seen peeking out from the handles too....
I have, in my head, a couple of tweaks that I might make (having done it once, ad-libbing is now acceptable!!) but this one will be great for taking to the farmers market....
and is definitely big enough for me to hide my axe in on Saturday......
3 comments:
Please ensure that said axe is appropriately housed and sharpened.
Persons with axes dull and blunt may be asked to leave the gathering....
Here here Jod (don't tell her I'm bringing mine will you?), we can compare! hehe. Looking forward to catching up again...
Lizzie
xxx
have a lovely afternoon deborah, nothing better than coffee and cake with likeminded friends. make me jealous
Post a Comment