Friday, June 25, 2010

Mine, all mine.....

I love libraries.... always have done. I've spent many a happy hour reading and perusing.... losing myself in all sorts of places (physically as well as metaphorically).....

I make full use of the internet ordering facility and ALWAYS have a little list of books on hold for me..... often very yummy ones....

The only problem with libraries is you have to take the books back and then wait until other people have finished looking at them before you can get them back again......

quite inconsiderate really!~

Coupled with the fact that I actually like to OWN books and have them on my shelf and take them down and peruse them whenever I want some inspiration......

And so it was with sadness this week that I had to return Weekend Sewing which I have been enjoying over the past few weeks..... lots of inspiration in there it has to be said and I hadn't even finished sewing all the projects I had earmarked.....

BUT, look what arrived in the post from my lovely sister today......


My very own, to keep, copy of Weekend Sewing...... and that is not all, oh no, that is not all....

she also sent me a copy of another book I had borrowed from the library (and had to take back) and which I had added to my Book Depository wishlist.....


This is a great book too for teaching you how to make skirts. It doesn't have patterns but teaches you how to measure yourself to make skirts that fit YOU. I am very excited about learning that skill!!

And look, the 'school' table has been cleared (because we have a two week vacation here) and I am armed with my new books.....


happy days are here again.....

1 comment:

Jan said...

Hooray for libraries, sisters and Book Depository!