Sunday, June 13, 2010

Please excuse my appearance......

well, it's just that I seem to be changing the background to this blog more often than I change my socks at the moment......

I clicked on something yesterday 'just to see what it was and what it would do' and, because I am such a dunce when it comes to the whole world of I.T., I didn't know how to change it back so I ended up changing the whole thing in the end..... oops!

Anyway, I quite like the new background so it isn't all bad!

So onto things creatively related.....

Yesterday and today I was doing a bit of what I call 'utility' sewing.... stuff that needs to be done but that I'm not too fussed about doing.....

- trousers that needed lengthening (has the kid swigged a gallon of baby-bio or something? I swear she is growing like a weed!!)

- new cushion covers for the lounge sofa and chairs (the others had holes in the corners...... they were a little overdue for new covers me thinks!)

- a couple of cushion covers for the little sofa out back....

you get the idea about the stuff I mean when I say 'utility' sewing don't you!

But in amongst the boring sewing I did a little bit of yummy sewing too.....

you see, not only do I have a great neice who will be here VERY SHORTLY (she's dilly-dallying a bit you see) but I have a 6 month old neice across the sea who I haven't met yet and I thought it only right to squeeze in some happy sewing for her.....

I loosely used a pattern from Weekend Sewing called Ruby's Bloomers just to get the sizing about right but chaged one or two things to make them more how I wanted them to be....


ooooohhhhh, I can just imagine a chubby little arm poking out of that sleeve..... yum.....


I used a pattern I found here for the baby peasant top....


and now it is ready to begin its long journey to a lovely little bundle of yumminess across the ocean.....


Hope it fits..... I wasn't able to accost a 6 month old to try it on for me.....

3 comments:

Jodie said...

so super cute !!! (and I have an idea)

Liz said...

Ooohh, chubby arms, yes! Wish we had some of those around, hard to remember the teen with the deep voice and a fuzzy chin ever had chubby arms...! ;o)
Lizzie
xxx

dot said...

Awwww really beautiful, so much better than altering trousers I reckon! Can't wait to squidgle those chubby arms myself!!