This morning I had barely opened my eyes when I felt a little body slip into bed beside me and whisper in my ear:
"Mummy, can I make flapjacks because you did say I make the best flapjacks in the world!"
What could I say? I did indeed tell her that she makes the best flapjacks in the world ..... and so it transpired that before I had even made breakfast the flapjacks were in the oven baking!
We used the recipe I have mentioned before and which can be found here..... it's a keeper for us.... chewy and moist..... yum, yum, yum!
Can you see in the background of the shot ice cream tubs full of feijoa's? Yes, we are still getting them and so far I have made a feijoa crumble and frozen a whole lot of them .... they are still winning though and my worktop is losing....
I also mentioned, a looooooooooong time ago, a jumper which I picked up at a local op shop and felted in the washing machine. I used the body of it to make my sister a hot water bottle cover and set the arms aside to wait for some inspiration.
Well, I decided to have a go at making them into some fingerless gloves and here is how I have got on so far......
Blanket stitch, oh how I love thee...
I think I cut the thumb hole too large but there's nothing I can do about it now and at least I have a full range of motion with that size hole!!
And I am rather partial to these buttons which I think look rather cute popped right on there....
I shall keep going as they don't feel 'finished' yet but I don't think I am too far away from the end now....
No comments:
Post a Comment