Friday, April 2, 2010

Koo-eee, I'm home.........

Hi there!

I've been away with the family to beautiful Adelaide for the past week and we had a truly LOVELY time together......

What a great place - lots to see and do (we didn't have NEARLY enough time to do all the things that we had on our wishlist!) and the beaches...... well, the beaches were just BE-YOU-TI-FULL::::::

I'll be popping lots of photos and a bit more about our adventures whilst there on the other blog but just wanted to let you know that I did do a little creative stuff..... mostly on the journey (which was about an eight hour drive)...

Here is one project I completed.....


as if I need more hats...... but I really liked this one and thought you can't have TOOOOOO many hats now can you?????

I made a couple of extra squares and have decided that I may make a matching scarf....

On the journey home I spent most of the time just chatting to Brian, making sure he didn't fall asleep with the monotony of the road (LOTS of straight tarmac, fields and eucaplytus trees!!) but also did a few rows of a jumper that started life last year and IS STILL not nearing completion...... seriously, I'm not sure when this one will make it off the needles and onto my back.....

I did say to Brian that I wasn't going to start a new project until that was finished but I know that I'm not serious about that...... in fact, as I type my new lounge pants, which I wrote about making here and which I finally got round to sewing up today, are in the washing machine - so I've blown that one already......

In other news, Evie is now enjoying learning to crochet and has begun a blanket for her handmade doll. She has learnt to make a chain and to do single crochet stitches and she is going full steam ahead...... (she'll probably finish that before I finish my jumper..... shame on me!!)

1 comment:

dot said...

It's lovely, think I might need the pattern as I also really NEED a new hat!