This is a gathering of crafty bloggers from around Australia who are meeting in Melbourne for a weekend of crafting, shopping, crafting, eating, maybe some sleeping, crafting..... you get the drift.
Well, I'm not going for the whole-lot-of-happenings but I am going to the craft day on the Saturday.... and looking forward to it too I may add!
There are a couple of snags though.....
Firstly, I am so ditzy that I didn't read the blog about it all for about 2 months and missed the deadline for paying (fortunately they didn't scrub me off the list) and secondly, I missed a couple of fun swaps....!
They organised a rather splendid name badge swap so that people would have a fancy, handmade name badge to wear on the day rather than writing your name on a sticky label, which, let's face it, isn't so attractive.
So what's a girl to do? I didn't want to be the 'sticky label girl' so I thought the only thing to do would be to make my own fancy name badge and wear that!!
BUT that meant having to think something up..... ho, hum......
Never being the quickest at decisions has meant that this has been drifting in and out of my mind for a few weeks now and then finally, when on the phone to my sister the other night, I was struck with inspiration.....
'I'll do a pinny' I thought!
Now for those of you who have been following me along on this blog for a while you will know that I really like pinnies. I enjoy making them, I enjoy buying them at the op-shop and I even enjoy looking over patterns thinking about what one I should make next....
So, while the children sat and sweated over maths and grammar, I sweated over a little bit of sewing (actually, I didn't sweat at all, I thoroughly enjoyed myself) and here is what I came up with.....
And since it is supposed to be a name badge I embroidered my name on there...... and two little lazy daisies....... because they are cute.... (Brian is a little concerned that my name may be a little hard to read, being as it's so small, so I told him they would just have to stare hard at my bossom!!)
And here it is, all ready for Sew It Together.....
Now, the next problem is...... what am I going to take along with me to work on during the day? Something sewing related but not using a machine as I may be going on the train and will not be carting my sewing machine with me!
I have no ideas.....
Anyone got any inspiration?
4 comments:
Beautiful. I'm starting to wonder what to take to do too. It probably won't matter, we will probably spend all day talking.
It's georgeous, think you need to make me one for when I go on workshops!!
if only i had seen your blog sooner!! i've only just been accepted to the craft session and have had the same thought about the name badge thing! we could have had our own swap! i'm catching the train from ballarat too if you want to have some company!
and if your making Dot one then I might need one too Debbie!!!! lol
Post a Comment