which is just fine by me!
I'm happy to take a little 'munchiness' with me wherever I go.....
So Saturday night...... time with friends...... singing lots of 80's pop songs..... and munching on a few treats.....
my contribution..... chewy almond bites.....
I think these are a Nigella Lawson creation but I got the recipe from a friend so I can't say for sure.
They are ABSOLUTELY munch-worthy though!
Go on and make yourself some.... you won't be disappointed.
What you will need:
200g almond meal
200g castor sugar
1/4tsp ground cardamom
2 egg whites
Beat these four ingredients together until they form a sticky dough. Then dampen your hands with a little rose water and roll small walnut size amounts of dough into balls and place on a baking tray.
{I have to say that my children didn't like the slight 'rose water' taste on them but Brian and I thought they were great. It's a personal thing so use it or not, it's up to you!}
Push a blanched almond into the top of each ball (I didn't have whole blanched almonds so I used flaked almonds on the top of mine instead.... worked just fine)
Bake at 200 degrees for about 10 mins until the edges are golden.
gotta share the munchi luv.....
No comments:
Post a Comment