so far this week I have:.....
finished knitting and weaving-in-the-ends
of my second little pebble......
love, love, LOVE this pattern......
it knits up fairly quickly and is just such a cute little vest....
{the buttons aren't on it yet....
but I do know which ones I am going to use,
I just have to go and buy them.....}
the only thing I don't like about making this vest is the
'weaving together'
of the shoulder seam using kitchener stitch..... pah!
I may try a different method next time......
that kitchener stitch and me, we just don't see eye-to-eye......
I've also been having fun looking through the pile of magazines
my friend let me borrow......
lots of nice things to drool over......
{of course I have had to be careful that I don't actually
drool on the page..... I would hate to give the magazines back
to her all wrinkled and crinkled.....}
I've taken some photos of 'nice things' in the hope that I will
get some 'making' time during our upcoming holidays......
whoopee!!
and finally, I don't think I ever shared this lovely little fella with you....
this was a little gift from my outstandingly lovely daughter.....
isn't it just the best?......
a really simple idea that would be easy enough for most children
to have a go at with some small pieces of fabric and a sewing machine
{if they were confident enough using one}
or just hand sewing it together......
OK, there ends my pootling post for this week.....
hope your week is pootling along nicely too......
1 comment:
What a lovely gift from your daughter! A treasure.
Remember there is a crafty opportunity to stitch with us this coming Saturday Deb at Ballarat High School, 1-5pm, $5. Love to see you there :)
Post a Comment