Friday, May 14, 2010

stitches and craft show.....

I suddenly realised that I have completely forgotten to write a post about my visit to the stitches and craft show last weekend...... what with Mother's Day on the sunday and stitches and craft on the saturday, the weekend was a real mummy fest at its' best!!

although I was struggling with a sore throat and headache, courteousy of Evie, nothing was going to stop me enjoying my outing and I even took part in three of the craft bars which meant I came home with a little stash of loveliness...... alongside a couple of 'bits and bobs' I purchased...... because they called out to me..... in a sweet little voice 'buy me, buy me'....... does that ever happen to you??!!!

so my little crafty respites started with a crocheted rose.

the yarn supplied for this project was the softest yarn I have every felt..... I just wanted to bury my face in it and rub it round.....


It was supplied by a company called Pear Tree Yarn and it was the nicest thing I have EVER crocheted with.... here it is, unfinished and still unsure what I will use it for.... but did I mentioned the yarn was delish?


next up was a little fabric 'envelope' made using some scrummy Liberty fabric and white linen..... I have to say, my handstitching was a bit 'loose' (actually it was totally rubbish) on the day so when I got home I re-did it on the machine, gave it a good press and a bit of top stiching and, ta-dah......


it opens up......


and is all ready to store some small treasure in..... I think Evie may have her eye on it.....


the last thing I turned my hand to was a little matchbook style book out of scrapbooking paper which I shall let Evie make into a little photo album, she loves that sort of thing....




all in all a fun day out.....

1 comment:

jodie said...

Hellllooooo,
I've found you !
Thanks for the funnest day ever !!!