It was an early, and rather raucous, start...... catching the train with the other folks 'from the country' (I was assured this phrase would get me through many a turnstile without having to pay!!!)
I haven't laughed quite as much, or as hard, for a long time either..... good job there were very few people on the train at that time on a Saturday morning!!
We were spoiled with bags of gifts on arrival.......
There were note books from Lark and Cass, yummy fabric swatches from The Oz Material Girls, a self-covering button kit from Jackobindi, some bamboo knitting needles from Donna, a cute pattern from Jodie (now I'm going to have to get back into a softie making groove!!), a little package with some paper hexagons and scrumptious fabric to make my very own little hexie flower from Corrie and finally a pattern for a coat hanger cover and some more lovely fabric to make one with from Thea! Thank you all for being so generous with your talent and craft........
In between all the guffawing, chatting, eating, drinking coffee, admiring other peoples' talent and work, eating, chatting, drinking more coffee, laughing-til-I-cried moments, I did manage to do a bit of crafting and finished a few of the little projects I had taken with me.....
I finally finished making a hair bobble for Evie which was supposed to be for Christmas....... oops. Still it'll do her for this year won't it?
I finished the second of my two fingerless gloves which I posted about a while ago........ so now I have a matching pair just in time for the COLD weather!!
and thanks to Nicole who gave me some fabby advice on how to roll a fabric flower, I started, and finished, my first Tilda rose from a book I've had on my shelf for a while.......
I also managed to do a little bit of finishing work to
this cute little bunny who enjoyed being out for the day too, meeting lots of new folks!
At the end of the afternoon we had another gift bonanza where everyone received a special brucy bonus from a plethora of generous sponsors and I got a $75 gift certificate to buy FABRIC!!! YIPEE...... a no-guilt shopping spree...... how fun is that!!!
Now if I can just decide which fabrics I like most.........
6 comments:
It was such a great day - and I am so pleased to know you !!!
Hi Deborah,
It was lovely to meet you at such a wonderful event, and I just love your bunny! (I keep thinking about her beautifully coloured dress and her fab little undies with a hole for the tail....) Gorgeous!
Hope to catch you at the next Sew-It-Together :-)
Glad she survived her 'pressing engagement'! So lovely to meet you and the snorts were really special....!!!
Lizzie
xxx
Sounds like a wonderful day!!! Lots of fun and you got some things done too :)
I love those gloves, could do with some here as it is getting cold. Your bunny is gorgeous too.
Hi Deborah: Wasn't it the best day! So nice to meet you (and your gorgeous bunny!) Catch up for a coffee/trip to Spotlight/whatever?
Post a Comment