Monday, May 30, 2011

babies......

there are a few babies due to arrive to people I know and love soon and I've been having a little ponder about gifts that could be made for these little people.....

I'm a bit taken with the baby vest at the moment and, since we are in winter mode 'down south', thought that they may come in quite handy.....

I've found two patterns that I like the look of......

first up........



the Pebble.........

this photo is taken from soule mama's ravelry page here and she is a dab hand at knitting these vests by the looks of it.......

the original pattern {from the thrifty knitter} can be found here.......

a big plus for this one is that it opens at the shoulder and down one side so you don't have to squeeze it over a baby's head to get it on...... hum, that's a plus point I think.......

next up is this one......


it's the Milo and I just love that little cable detail up the front...... if you look at the project ideas for this vest on ravelry you will be amazed at how people have taken this pattern and put their own 'stamp' on it......

both are lovely and both have their own unique appeal.....

maybe I'll have to knit both and see how I get on.....

it's been a while since I picked up the needles - the hook has had all my attention for some time now........

wish me luck....... I may have actually forgotten how to do the 'knitting' thing!.......

No comments: