no sooner was the thought of the baby vest taking root in my head, than I felt the urge to do something about it.....
I took a little jaunt out and purchased a set of 4mm circular needles {circular needles are not really my needle type of choice and therefore I have a VERY limited range of them...... this purchase took me to the grand total of two sets.....}
I arrived home and proceeded to cast on......
then I sat and pondered...... I ummmmmed and ahhhhhed....... I chewed my lip and furrowed my eyebrows....... {I had a bit of chocolate, because you all know how chocolate can help a girl to think - or at least make her feel a little better while she thinks a hard thought} but still I came to the conclusion that I had NO IDEA how to knit a jumper with such a small circumference on circular needles......
I am sure that there must be a simple explanation for how to do this..... maybe one of you could enlighten me {I'm a visual learner so pictures and videos always help}........ but, for the life of me, I could not think how to do it.......
so I switched on to four double-pointed needles {of which I already had a set, purchased from the op-shop a couple of years ago.....} and began the knitting of the Milo vest in ernest......
I had some slubby green wool in my stash...... enough to make a little vest or two......
progress is slow....... I've only used double-pointed needles once before so they take a little getting used to and thus my speed is not top notch.......
but I am more than half way through the bottom rib and then I think I will change to the lighter shade of green for the body section and then maybe swap back to the darker green for the top section......
that's the initial thought anyway.....
do you think that will look o.k.? your opinions would be appreciated...... you have time..... it's going to take me the next day or so to finish the rib at this rate......
right, onwards and upwards.......
3 comments:
I would actually love it in the dark slubby green, it's delicious. It's really fiddly knitting tiny on circular (I tried with wrist warmers), four are better..
Lizzie
xxx
I like the idea of the two yarns being used as they were both lovely. I like contrast! Your hair looks amazing, xdx
I like it all in the dark, but then trust your own gut feeling - I don't think it won't look nice in the two color - either will look great.
Post a Comment