Monday, March 9, 2009

sitting on my behind!

the first project I decided to do after dotie's arrival is a knitting project.....
I haven't knitted for about 12 or 13 years {apart from teaching my son the basics}
but thought I would love to have a go at a hat with earflaps 
and had seen a pattern which came from a great knitting and crochet site called Ravelry.....

if you haven't checked this site out and you are a knitter, 
crocheter or a wanna-be either of those, then have a look at it.....
you just have to request an invitation and true to the website's promise
I had my invitation within 4 days.....

there are then loads of patterns {lots of which are free}
that you can download and there's bound to be something for everyone,
so why not give it a go.....

here is the result of my first attempt at knitting in a long time.....
this hat pattern is called 'Thorpe' by Kirsten Kapur.....
the wool I used was in a bargain bucket at spotlight for $1.99 and is  100% wool.....
lovely to work with and a great weight for a hat.....
note, I am still in a t-shirt though.....
not quite time for a hat yet but I'm sure it won't be too much longer.....



I need to crochet around the edge but as I don't know how to crochet yet 
{it's one of the things that my sister needs to teach me whilst she is here}
 that'll have to wait a few days/weeks.....

1 comment:

Val said...

Hi Deb - love the Hat (specially the ear bits!) I thought it was a pic. of Dot until I noticed all your hair!